Over time, the effects of gravity and the loss of the skin’s natural elasticity begin to have an effect on the appearance of a woman’s breasts. These factors, combined with pregnancies and nursing, will often cause the breasts to lose their youthful shape and firmness. A breast lift can help restore their shape.
A breast lift, or mastopexy, is performed to return the youthful shape and to lift breasts that have sagged as a result of weight loss, pregnancy, loss of the skin’s natural elasticity or simply the effects of gravity. The procedure can also reduce the size of the areola (the darker skin surrounding the nipple).
Breast lift procedure
- The procedure is done under general anesthesia.
- The traditional technique for this procedure entails an incision that encircles the areola, continues vertically down the breast, and traces the infra-mammary fold.
- The breast tissue is then manipulated and sutured into place to lift the breast.
- The resultant breast shape and lines of closure will be aesthetically pleasing, and the breast shape conical and rounded, not boxy or square.
Post procedure recovery
- The patient is kept over night.
- After the breast reduction procedure, patients will likely experience soreness, swelling and bruising for several days.
- Bandages will be removed after two days and replaced with a surgical bra.
- Physical activity should be limited for one to two weeks, while exercise and other strenuous activity should be avoided for at least four weeks.
- Patients will return to the office to have stitches removed after approximately two to three weeks, at which point most will be able to return to work and other regular activities.
Know Your Surgeon
Dr. Aniketh trained in all aspects of breast surgery during his time in USA with multiple surgeons.
To learn more, please give us a call or send an email to [email protected].