It is said that the face is the window to the soul. It is the first impression that one presents to others. Naturally with ageing, there are several changes which occur in the face i.e. facial ageing. These changes can be upsetting and it is natural for a person to desire a more youthful appearance.
Factors in Facial Ageing
It is important to understand the phenomenon of ageing. There are basically four factors which play a role in facial ageing.
- Gravity– With the passage of time, the facial skin sags due to the effect of gravity. This leads to changes like loose eyelids, jowls, neck folds etc.
- Volume changes– In youth there is more volume in the upper face, and less in the lower face. With age this ratio inverses. There is loss of volume in the upper face and more volume gained in the lower face
- Muscle activity– The use of facial muscles leads to the development of various wrinkles in the face. Initially these are present only on muscle action but with time they become present at rest as well. This is seen in the form of forehead lines, crows feet, naso-labial lines, marionette lines
- Elasticity– The skin loses its elastic nature and appears dull, lusterless
Treating the symptoms
To gain an overall effect of rejuvenation, it is important to identify and treat each of these factors individually. These treatments can be temporary or long lasting
- Gravity– The effect of gravity is counteracted by suspending the sagging tissues. This can be done with thread-lifts or with facelift.
- Volume changed– IT is necessary to rebalance volume. Upper facial volume is restored by fillers or fat. Lower facial volume is removed by laser lipolysis or lipolytic injections
- Muscle activity is counteracted by the use of neurotoxins like Botox
- Elasticity of skin is restored by using peels or energy devices like laser, radio-frequency
At the Venkat Center, we approach facial ageing in this holistic manner to give you the best possible outcomes
|Facial sagging, Jowls||Threadlift, Facelift|
|Volume loss||Hollow eyes
|Volume gain||Double chin||Laser lipolysis, lipolytic injections|
|Muscle activity||Forehead wrinkles
|Botulinum Toxin Injections|
|Reduced skin elasticity||Tired skin